We practice meditation, mindfulness, and Zen Buddhism in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. See the About Us page for more info about the group.
A typical meditation session consists of:
- Guided meditation (approx. 20 min)
- Walking meditation (approx. 15 min)
- Silent sitting meditation (approx. 20 min)
- Mindful movements/stretching (approx. 5-10 min)
- A reading on Buddhist teachings (we pass a book around the circle and each of us reads a paragraph from it if we wish) (approx. 15 min)
- Dharma sharing: sharing our experience with the practice in our daily lives or asking questions. See the Dharma Sharing Guidelines (approx. 30 min)
The sessions are facilitated by experienced meditation practitioners.
Here are the answers to frequently asked questions:
- All are welcome.
- Attendance is free of charge (donations welcome).
- No experience is necessary.
- Check the event calendar for an accurate representation of when and where events are happening.
- We have a email list for announcements and sharing about practice. To sign up to it, you must show up to one of the meditation sessions and write down your email address.
- We have a Sangha Library from which you can borrow or buy books on meditation and Buddhism(Monday session only at the moment).
- You are welcome to ask questions about meditation, mindfulness, Buddhist practice, as well as personal issues to the facilitators in person or in email.
- You are encouraged to speak with and make friendships with other people in the group! It is very helpful to have friends who are also practicing this path.
We meet Mondays from 5:30 - 7:30 pm at the Multi-Faith Centre at the University of Toronto. Click here directions.
We currently meet Fridays from 6:45 - 8:45 pm at the Jewish Community Centre at Bloor and Spadina. Click here for directions.